Whole-House Water Softener Installations
Most tap water contains heavy minerals, such as magnesium and calcium. Water carrying these minerals is called "hard" water. Hard water makes it difficult to get dishes and clothing clean. Water softeners remove these minerals from your water in order to protect your pipes and appliances.
Whether you would like a whole-house system or an under-the-sink station, our Morris County plumbers at Gatti Plumbing, Heating & Drain Cleaning can help you choose the water filtration system that will best remove hard water deposits from your plumbing.
How Do Water Softeners Work
Water softeners work by removing or reducing the concentration of hard minerals, primarily calcium and magnesium ions, from the water supply. Hard water can lead to issues such as scale buildup in pipes and appliances, reduced soap effectiveness, and negatively impact the efficiency of specific industrial processes. Water softeners address these problems by using a process called ion exchange. Contact our professionals for water softener installation in Central & North Jersey, NJ, today.
1. Stains in your plumbing appliances - If your water has an abundance of iron or magnesium, then when the water dries on your plumbing appliances, the minerals will still be there. While you can wash away the stains with bleach, they'll keep coming back until you consult our Central & North Jersey water softener installation experts.
2. Low water pressure - When your water has more minerals in it than it should, then it will be heavier and come out slower from your faucet or showerhead.
3. Your laundry detergent or hand soap doesn't seem to be working - Hard water doesn't always mix so well with soap, you can try putting some water in a clear bottle and putting in soap to best see how your soap and water react to each other.
4. Stains on your dishes after washing - If after your dishwasher is done, your dishes have these water marks or stains on them, it's possible that hard water is to blame.
5. Your plumbing appliances keep breaking down - Your plumbing appliances are not necessarily geared towards working with minerals as much as water. So if your plumbing appliances keep breaking down, you might want to consider water softener installation.
1. Experienced, Professional & Certified
2. Trucks Are Fully Equipped & Stocked
3. Proudly Locally Owned & Operated
4. Our Technicians Stand Behind Our Work
Hard water can be tough on your home. Water-using appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, and coffee makers become sluggish when constantly exposed to the minerals in hard water. Your sprinklers may also leave thick deposits on your cars and windows, which can be difficult to remove.
If you have noticed any of these symptoms, you may want to have your tap water analyzed. We can show you what is actually in your water and help you understand which softener is best for your home.
Standard water softeners are ranked according to the number of minerals they can remove from your water each day. The different types of water softeners available to you include:
- Salt-free - These units are safer for drinking water but not recommended for extremely hard water
- Ion exchange - These units swap out the existing ions and replace them with salt or potassium
- Magnetic - Passing water through a magnetic field draws impurities out
- Reverse osmosis - Pressure forces water through an advanced filtration system
Though these water softeners primarily remove the minerals from your water, they can also filter out many impurities. You may wish to pair a water softener system with an advanced filtration unit as well. We also provide professional services for water heaters in case you are having trouble with hot water as well.
Ready to save your appliances? Schedule a visit with our Central & North Jersey-based water softener experts at (201) 365-7444. We serve North and Central New Jersey.
“I hired Kyle to replace 3 toilets in my home. He showed up on time & ready to work. I was very satisfied with his work & pricing.”Scott L.
“The project was performed in a timely manner. I was greatly satisfied and the price was fair. I would hire them again for other plumbing projects.”Charles P.
“He arrived as scheduled, diagnosed the problem, gave a reasonable price & completed the project within a few hours. Everything about Gatti Plumbing was 5 star.”Joe S.
“Turned up on time. Explained what needed to be done, how long it would take, and then did it. Tidied up after themselves. Polite individuals. Would use again.”Alan R.
“Work was done in an hour. Price was fair and reasonable. Made sure everything was left as it was found. I would highly recommend and will use this company in the future.”Former Client